Hamilton Community Foundation Strategic Plan 2022-2027
We will focus our efforts on these goals to drive positive change:
- Increase investment and support for affordable housing development in Hamilton to support community well-being.
- Increase the capacity and health of equity-deserving organizations and communities to address systemic barriers.
- Focus on Grades 6, 7 and 8 and supporting the transition into and out of the middle-school years to increase the likelihood that young Hamiltonians graduate high school and access post-secondary opportunities.
- Work with our education partners to influence policy, attitudes and culture to strengthen equity, wellness and academic achievement in the universal public education system.
- Increase alignment of HCF’s investments with our mission and values to increase positive social and/or environmental impact.
- Review and update HCF’s philanthropic model to increase equity, inclusion and access to giving and granting.
These goals are driven by who we are and what we stand for: ensuring our values, policies, practices and services provide the best possible model to address systemic inequities. They are supported by infrastructure — people and technology — that enables us to carry out the work toward our mission.
Hamilton has many wonderful assets and many deeply rooted challenges. We are confident that this strategic plan strikes the right balance between stretching to maximize community impact while remaining disciplined and fiscally responsible. We look forward to reporting on our progress and invite you to join us in the journey to building a vibrant, diverse and inclusive Hamilton.