Working with you and your clients
Lawyers, accountants, financial advisors and insurance professionals refer clients to Hamilton Community Foundation to help with their charitable giving now and in the future. Whether it is helping your clients support the most pressing needs in Hamilton, memorialize their loved ones, or donate through their will, we help you meet your clients’ philanthropic intentions and make the impact they want in their community. As philanthropic advisors, we provide impartial advice about flexible giving options and work with individual, family and business clients to help them develop their charitable plans.
When you make us part of your full-service advisory team, we work with you and your clients to:
- Implement a philanthropic plan that meets your client’s needs, objectives and personal situation while maximizing benefit to the community. We outline donation options including tax benefits and other considerations.
- Offer research and information on community needs, charitable organizations and programs that are making a difference.
- Provide grantmaking expertise and a range of administrative services related to charitable giving.
We can provide this information either directly to your client or to you. For more information or to discuss your clients’ philanthropic needs contact a member of the Philanthropic Services team.
To better serve your clients with their charitable giving decisions, please refer to the following resources:
- About HCF – Share this with your clients to give them some general information on HCF.
- Introducing Giving – This helpful video provides three scenarios to demonstrate how easy it can be to introduce philanthropy to your clients.
- Types of funds – At HCF you can choose from a variety of fund types, including: Community Fund, designated fund, donor-advised fund, field-of-interest fund and scholarship & bursary fund.
- There are several ways to donate to HCF, now and in the future including donations of appreciated securities.
- Will Clauses – Options for making a bequest and helpful samples of will clauses for you and your clients.
- Planned giving – Options available to you and your clients when planning donations for the future.
- HCF as an Alternative to a Private Foundation – A helpful summary comparing working with a community foundation vs. establishing a private foundation. We also offer services to private foundations, find out more here.
- Professional Advisors eResource – These resources have been developed by Community Foundations of Canada to help advisors as they work with their clients to meet their philanthropic goals.